Intermittent fasting is a digestive rest in between meals, which means consuming nothing but plain water in between meals. I would specially point out the following health benefits of this practice:
- Rested muscles of the digestive tract have a better ability to contract, ie performing peristalsis.
- Digestion and elimination are more efficient.
- Teeth are less exposed to the possibility of leaving food debris on the tooth surface.
- You feel real hunger and enjoy the meals more.
- Presence at meal is developed and practiced.
- There is more time left for other activities in a day.
- It is easier and more efficient to exercise when the digestive system is not working overtime.
I hope you find this information useful. If so, please share this blog post. Do you practice having digestive rest in between meals or not? Please leave your answers in the comment section below.
Would you like to achieve:
- smooth digestion
- optimal weight
- a toned and strong body
- stabilisation of blood pressure
- a high dlevel of insulin sensitivity
- sharpness of mind and good mood
without always harmful drugs, but rather through a natural whole food, plant based diet and exercising program? Join the
Health Glows Online Program
which provides you with comprehensive coaching and support to achieve your goal.