Ingredients for the crust:
- 500 g / 17 oz fresh dates
- 150 g / 5.3 oz of raw carob powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 g / 17 oz apricots
Ingredients for the topping:
- 200 g / 7 oz blackberries
- 20 g / 0.7 oz of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup purified water
- food processor
- cake mold
- baking paper
- Open the apricots in half.
- Remove the pits from the apricots.
- Place the apricot halves, open upwards, on a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate the apricots at 48 C / 118 F degrees for a couple of hours.
- When the weather permits, you can also dry apricots in the sun.
- Soak the chia seeds in purified water for about half an hour.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put dates and carob powder in the food processor.
- Process these ingredients into a dough-like mixture.
- Place a baking paper sheet on the bottom of the cake mold.
- Place the dough on the bottom of the cake mold.
- Cover the entire bottom of the cake mold with the dough, thus creating the cake crust.
- Put the dried apricots in the blender.
- Blend the dried apricots into a filling.
- Transfer the filling into the cake mold.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Put the cake in the freezer.
- Put the blackberries and chia seeds in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into a topping.
- Take the cake out of the freezer.
- Top the cake with the blackberry topping.
- Decorate the cake as you wish.
- Put the cake in the freezer to tighten.
- Before serving, take out a cake long enough to thaw a bit.
- Enjoy the cake!
This absolutely magical combination of apricots and blackberries wants to be served often in your home, and I hope it will be so! 🙂 Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes