- 400 g / 14 oz young carrots
- 100 g / 7 oz shiitake or portobello mushrooms
- 400 g / 14 oz tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion leaves
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, pre-soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red, sweet, ground pepper
- 2 dates
- 1 cup distilled or purified, slightly warmed water
- knife and cutting board
- water heater
- food processor
- baking paper or Paraflex sheets
- Soak the flax seed for about an hour.
- Rinse the flex seeds.
- Finely chop up the carrots.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Warm up the water.
- Blend the dates with a cup of purified, slightly warmed water.
- Pour the sweet, warm water over the chopped carrots and let them sit in this water for about half an hour.
- This will soften and sweeten the carrots a bit.
- Remove the excess water from the carrots.
- Finely chop up the shiitake or portobello mushrooms and spring onion leaves.
- Cut off the outer part, the peel, of the tomato, leaving the juicy part, the middle, of the tomato aside.
- Put the carrots, mushrooms, onion leaves and tomato peel in the food processor.
- Process these ingredients until everything is finely chopped and mixed together well.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a bowl.
- Put the middle of the tomato, lemon juice, flax seed and oregano in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chopped vegetables.
- Add some sweet, red, ground paprika to this mix and mix everything together.
- Place a baking paper sheet or Paraflex sheet on the dehydrator trays.
- Arrange one to two tablespoons of the burger mixture on the dehydrator trays, shaping the mixture into burger shapes.
- Dehydrate the burgers at 48 C / 118 F degrees for about 4 hours.
- Flip the burgers and dehydrate them for another 1 to 2 hours.
- Take the burgers out of the dehydrator and serve them with a salad.
Enjoy healthy vegetable burgers. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes