- 200 g / 7 oz dried apples
- 200 g / 7 oz dates
- 100 g / 3.5 oz grated butternut squash
- 5oo g / 17 oz butternut squash
- a pinch of cinnamon
- knife and cutting board
- food processor
- baking paper
- pie mold
- Peel the butternut squash.
- Cut the butternut squash in half.
- Remove the seeds from the middle part, if there are any.
- Cut off about 100 g / 3.5 oz piece of the butternut squash and leave it aside.
- Grate this butternut squash piece.
- Put the butternut squash into the freezer for about 8 hours.
- Take the butternut squash out from the freezer and let it thaw.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put the dried apples in the food processor.
- Process the dried apples into flour.
- Add the dates and grated butternut squash to the dried apple flour in the food processor.
- Process these ingredients to get a dough-like mixture.
- Put a baking paper sheet into the pie mold.
- Put the dough over this paper, in the mold.
- Press this dough into the bottom and on the inner walls of the mold, forming the pie crust.
- Place the pie crust mold in the freezer to have the crust tighten up.
- Put the thawed pumpkin and some cinnamon in the blender.
- Blend these two ingredients into a filling.
- Add the filling onto the pie crust in the pie mold.
- Top the pie with some dried apple flour for garnish.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to tighten up.
- Slice the pie and serve.
Enjoy this creamy pie. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes