- tomatoes – quantities are optional
- knife and cutting board
- Slice the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Arrange the tomato slices onto the dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate the tomato slices at 135 C / 275 F degrees for the first hour, and then at 48 C / 118 F degrees for the remaining dehydrating time.
- When the tomato slices are dry and crispy, the chips is ready.
- Depending on the tomato variety and the weather conditions, it may take from 8 to 18 hours to dehydrate them.
- You can serve sun-dried tomatoes as soon as they are warm, and if you want to store them, then first make sure they are not moist at all and let their temperature drop to room temperature. Only then put them in a glass jar with an airtight lid and leave them in the pantry at room temperature.
Dried tomatoes can serve as chips, and as an addition to salad dressings, as an irreplaceable ingredient because they give a salty taste and thicken the dressings. Thanks in advance for sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes