Ingredients for the base:
- 400 g / 14 oz dates (measured pitted)
- 200 g / 7 oz of raw carob powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 seedless persimmons
- 1 tablespoon of raw carob powder
- pie mold – I used a glass lid in the video, for example
- baking paper
- food processor
- cake decorating pipe
- Cut out a baking paper sheet.
- Place the baking paper sheet on the bottom of the pie mold.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put dates and carob in the food processor.
- Process these ingredients until you get a dough-like mixture.
- Transfer the dough to the pie mold.
- Spread it over the entire surface and along the inside edges of the mold.
- Remove the stems from the persimmons.
- Put the persimmons in the blender.
- Blend the persimmons into a filling.
- Fill the cake decorating pipe with this orange filling and leave the rest of the filling in the blender.
- Add the carob powder to the rest of the filling in the blender.
- Blend these two ingredients into a filling.
- Add this filling onto the pie base.
- Using a cake spatula, flatten the top surface of the filling.
- Top the pie with the orange filling from the decorating pipe in a zigzag motion.
- Leave the pie in the freezer to tighten.
- Take the pie out from the freezer.
- Allow the pie to thaw slightly before removing it from the mold.
- Slice the pie and serve.
I hope that this pie will quickly become one of your favorite recipes. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes