- Green lettuce – the variety and quantity of your choice, in this video I am using 3 heads of butterhead lettuce
- 500 g / 1.1 lbs seedless tangerines
- 30 g / 1 oz hulled* hemp seeds
* I hear a lot people like to use unhulled seeds like sesame and hemp seeds. From what I understand,
we cannot digest hulls of the seeds. I use hemp and other seeds exclusively hulled.
Of all seeds - which I use sparingly anyway, hemp seeds are my favourite because:
- contain a favourable ratio of omega 3 and omega 6, unlike other seeds that contain usually more omega 6 fatty acids.
- don't contain phytic acid like other seeds (and nuts). Phytic acid binds the minerals in the body creating unusable compounds. Phytic acid is water dissoluble, so it can be removed by soaking nuts and seeds. Hemp seeds thus don't require soaking.
- don't require dehydration! Generally, shelled nuts and seeds are dehydrated to prevent them from going rancid after they are shelled and thus exposed to the oxygen. Dehydration of nuts and seeds can render them not raw any more. Hemp seeds don't require dehydration.
- come from a hemp plant that requires no chemicals for growing.
Order hulled hemp seeds:
- A salad spinner
- A mixing bowl
- A salad bowl
- A blender
- A pair of salad tongs
- A fork
Order a Vitamix:
Order a salad spinner:
Take the pomegranate seeds out from the fruit;
- Wash the lettuce;
- Tear up the lettuce leaves and place them in the salad spinner;
- Dry the lettuce;
- Place the washed, torn up and dried lettuce leaves in the mixing bowl;
- Peel the tangerines;
- Leaving one tangerine aside for the decoration, place the tangerines and hemp seeds into the blender;
- Blend these ingredients into a dressing;
- Add the dressing to the salad;
- Mix up the salad;
- Add the pomegranate seeds to the salad, leaving some seeds aside for the decoration;
- Mix up the salad;
- Transfer the salad from the mixing bowl to the salad bowl;
- Decorate the salad with the remaining tangerine and pomegranate seeds;
I hope you gonna enjoy this salad and that it will be made often at your home. Please, leave your thoughts about this recipe in the comment section. If you like this recipe, share it! Maybe someone will surprise you with "Marina's salad".
Share with friends: